Tualatin Hills Stuns Kelso, WA 10-9 In Regionals To Advance To Babe Ruth
World Series
KEIZER — Tualatin Hills Mound Time stunned Kelso, Washington 10-9 on a
walk-off single Saturday by Matt Orcutt to win the 14-year-old Pacific
Northwest Regional Babe Ruth tournament and advance to the World Series.
Orcutt came up to bat with one out in the bottom of the seventh and swung on
the first pitch he saw.
"At first I was a little nervous because I really wanted to win, but I took
a deep breath and the first pitch was right in there, so I took it," said
Orcutt of his game-winning blast that sailed over the center fielders head
to score Ryan Kaser and send his team to nationals.
In a game that saw few lead changes, Tualatin battled back to score six runs
in the final two innings to beat Kelso, the South Washington champs.
Both teams were undefeated in the tournament with a records of 5-0, but only
one team could win this game and represent the Northwest at the national
tournament.
"The kids were a little bit down," said Tualatin Hills coach Paul
Gilbertson, "but we battled back like we have been all season." Last year,
the same team made it to the regionals.
Tualatin Hills Mound Time advances to the World Series in Glen Allen, Va.,
beginning Aug. 20.
No comments:
Post a Comment